As a mom, the quest for nutritious yet delightful snacks for our toddlers can be quite a challenge. But fear not! I’ve stumbled upon a fantastic recipe that not only caters to your little one’s sweet tooth but also incorporates wholesome ingredients. These Healthy Brownies are a game-changer – crafted with just three simple ingredients, they’re a breeze to whip up and guaranteed to be a hit with your toddler!
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Optional: honey, maple syrup, or chocolate chips for added sweetness
- Preheat and Prepare: Heat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or line an 8×8 baking dish for easy removal and cleanup.
- Mix the Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, blend the mashed bananas, peanut butter, and cocoa powder until they form a smooth batter. The natural sweetness of ripe bananas provides a delightful flavor without the need for added sugars.
- Bake to Perfection: Pour the batter into the prepared dish or mix the ingredients directly in the baking dish for a hassle-free preparation. Spread the batter evenly and bake at 350°F for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Sweeten to Taste: Taste the batter before baking, and if your toddler prefers a sweeter treat, consider adding a drizzle of honey, maple syrup, or scattering a few chocolate chips on top. Customize the sweetness level to your little one’s preferences.
- Cool and Set: Allow the brownies to cool in the dish; this cooling period is crucial for the brownies to set properly. Once cooled, cut them into toddler-sized portions for easy serving.
Why Healthy Brownies are Great for Toddlers:
- Nutrient-Rich Goodness: Mashed bananas contribute essential vitamins and minerals, while peanut butter adds a dose of healthy fats and protein, making these brownies a nutrient-rich treat.
- No Added Sugar: Ripe bananas bring natural sweetness, eliminating the need for added sugars. This makes the brownies a guilt-free option for your toddler’s snack time.
- Simple and Quick: With just three main ingredients, this recipe is incredibly simple and quick to make – perfect for busy moms and hungry toddlers.
Storage Tips: Store any leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. For longer storage, refrigerate the brownies and reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
Note to Remember Before Baking:
These brownies are ONLY sweetened with banana, so they are not as sweet as traditional brownies. If you desire more sweetness, consider adding chocolate chips, honey (if over age 1), or maple syrup. Taste the batter before cooking to adjust sweetness according to your preference.
Healthy 3 Ingredient Brownies
- 3 mashed bananas the riper the
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat and Prepare:Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish to prevent sticking.
- Mix the Ingredients:In a mixing bowl or directly in the 8×8 dish, combine all three ingredients. Ensure the batter is smooth and evenly fills the entire pan.
- Adjust Sweetness:Taste the batter. If it needs more sweetness (as these rely on banana for sweetness), consider adding honey, maple syrup, or chocolate chips to your liking.
- Bake:Cook in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and Set:Allow the brownies to sit for at least 10-15 minutes. This cooling period is essential for the brownies to set properly.Enjoy your quick, easy-to-make, and customizable healthy brownies!